Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Beautiful Night

My home is in a place that is like a big clearing in the woods. Trees completely surround two thirds of my property. Last night around 10pm I sat on the back porch steps and relished in the darkness of the night. A beautiful waxing crescent moon was shining brightly, the fireflies were doing their dance in the treetops, I could hear the sound of a distant bullfrog at the shallow creek in the woods. As I sat enjoying all this, I imagined for a moment that it was all for me. I smiled. There is so much of nature's beauty; even in the darkness of night.

Comments:
Oh, your home sounds so lovely, trees, fireflies and all!

Found your blog by way of Madcapmum's!
Hope I find you again...
 
Thanks, wildside. It is a very peaceful place with nature and wildlife all around. I hope to post a few pics in a couple of days. Glad you found your way here!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?