Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Blessed Rain

The garden was full of light and a bit misty looking this morning after the nice rain we received last night. It must have been the sheets I had hung out on the line late yesterday and left on the line over night that did the trick (thanks "In My Kitchen Garden" for the tip). Before the rain came, the garden was very dry and I had been watering half every other day, alternating halves daily.
The Brandywine tomatoes are up to my shoulders! (lol, I am all of 5'1") The squash has jumped considerably and should be producing very soon. I have green peppers the size of a baby's fist; jalapenos the size of the first digit of my pinky finger; and cukes a little bigger than that. I am still on the lookout for the first sighting of those little green tomatoes but haven't spotted any yet. The beans and cukes are ready for their trellises and the corn is knee high. I will be interplanting some beans this weekend and will follow with some pumpkins later.(my version of three sisters) There is a lot to be done this weekend...herbs to be harvested, plants to be staked and trellises to be put up, planting and weeding too. When my co-workers ask if I have a big weekend planned, I say yes! I'll be in my garden...right in the middle of it all, savoring every minute close to the earth...because weekends go way too fast around here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?