Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

Butterbeans & Rain

Yesterday, we finally got some rain. Enough that did some good. The thunder rolled in and then the lightening came. Next came the rain. For the most part, it was a nice soft, slow rain that lasted quite a while. I even think It rained again during the night. The rain was nice but it probably won't save my crowder peas. I picked what will more than likely be the last yesterday evening after the storm. I also picked a ton of tomatoes, some okra and some peppers. I also started on the butterbeans. I only picked about 1/3 of one side of the row before it started raining again and got over a gallon of the dried pods. I still have the rest of the row, the other side and there are plenty of green ones hanging on the vine. I think I will be in butterbean heaven!. I also picked some of the butternut squash that looked ripe. I pulled the rest or the corn and will cut it off the cob to can tonight. I need to pick the rest of those dried pods of butterbeans but the weather is calling on another storm to hit this afternoon so I may not get to but Hurray! More rain.

Comments:
Mmmm, butterbeans! Mine got zapped by the extreme heat, unfortunately.

I'm dying to know where you're from in NC. I promise not to tell. Do you mind emailing me? My address is lponeill@att.net.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?